Here is the sample list with 12 reasons your kids should take up Chess.
1. Chess requires higher level thinking skills;
2. Chess improves ability to concentrate;
3. Chess provides tremendous motivation;
4. Chess is inexpensive;
5. Chess is quite;
6. Chess is an esteem builder;
7. Chess improves discipline;
8. Chess helps students become less impulsive;
9. Chess is a great vehicle for teaching sportsmanship;
10. Chess is fun;
11. Chess teaches patience;
12. Chess is safe.
(Ann Campbell, Chess Life, October, 1997)